Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to uninstall iPhone app, only removes from home screen does not uninstall

Please help me to uninstall an app from my iPhone XS Max, iOS 14.2. Here is what I have tried:

When I touch and hold the app, I get these options: 

* Remove App

* Share App

* Edit Home Screen

When I select, “Remove App”, I get this message:

Remove “EasyConnect”?

Removing from Home Screen will keep the app in your App Library.

<<Remove from Home Screen>>

<<Cancel>>

Same thing when I touch and hold the app for longer time period, so that all of the icons wiggle and indicate a minus (-) sign. When I touch the minus (-) I get this message:

Remove “EasyConnect”?

Removing from Home Screen will keep the app in your App Library.

<<Remove from Home Screen>>

<<Cancel>>

When I select <<Remove from Home Screen>>, that is all it does. It does not give me an option to actually delete, remove, or uninstall the app. Thank you for your help.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 7:45 AM

Go to Settings/General and scroll to the bottom. Tap on Profiles, then the EasyConnect profile and delete it.

If there is no Profiles go to Settings/Screen Time/Content & Privacy Restrictions/iTunes & App Store Purchases - Change Deleting Apps to Allow

4 replies

Unable to uninstall iPhone app, only removes from home screen does not uninstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.