Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For some reason I do not have any playlist on my iPhone. Apple Music doesn't show how to add or to see current lists.

Since the new operating system, my play lists seem to have disappeared. There is not even a place to add one.

Has anyone else had this problem how did you solve?

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 6:18 PM

JWGaudette,

That certainly is odd that you aren't able to set up a new playlist on just the one device. Which version of iOS is installed? You can check that out in Settings > General > About. Does restarting the iPhone seem to help? And when you head to the Music app > Library > Playlists, what shows as the top option here? Normally it'll be "New Playlist" with a "+" button as the icon, at least on the latest iOS version. Or does it instead show an already created playlist?

Also, are you an Apple Music member?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2020 6:18 PM in response to JWGaudette

JWGaudette,

That certainly is odd that you aren't able to set up a new playlist on just the one device. Which version of iOS is installed? You can check that out in Settings > General > About. Does restarting the iPhone seem to help? And when you head to the Music app > Library > Playlists, what shows as the top option here? Normally it'll be "New Playlist" with a "+" button as the icon, at least on the latest iOS version. Or does it instead show an already created playlist?

Also, are you an Apple Music member?

Dec 27, 2020 10:10 AM in response to JWGaudette

Hi JWGaudette,

We see you're looking for some help with locating where playlists are, and how to create one. We certainly want you to be able to view your content as expected, and we'd like to assist.

This page here will have the step-by-step instructions on how to set up a playlist: How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app

The first couple steps on that page will guide towards where to locate them, but just to confirm, you'll want to tap the Library tab in the Music app first. Then, select Playlists at the top here. If the Playlists option doesn't show in the list, amongst the others like Artists, Albums, etc., then tap on the Edit button in the upper-right. Select the circle next to Playlists in this list, if it's not already checked, and then tap Done.

Can you also let us know what operating system you are running on your device?

Take care!

Dec 28, 2020 3:59 PM in response to JWGaudette

Hello JWGaudette,

It looks like there's a newer iOS version available for your iPhone. The latest one at the moment is iOS 14.3. We'd first advise backing up to iCloud or a computer ahead of time, to help preserve your data. Then, update as normal at Settings > General > Software Update. This will help ensure you have the latest available fixes and improvements applied.

After that, let's head back to the Music app > Library. If you see the 'Edit' button at the top right here, please tap on that. This should expand from the current selection that you noted seeing of Album, Songs, and Downloaded, to show all available options. The ones here with a checkmark next to them will be viewable when not in the Edit mode. Go ahead and check the box next to any you'd like, such as Playlists, and tap Done. You should then have them added to the list to select as expected.

Have a good one!

For some reason I do not have any playlist on my iPhone. Apple Music doesn't show how to add or to see current lists.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.