Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt to DisplayPort cable not working with Mac Mini

I am trying to connect my new Mac Mini 2020 with a Dell S2721QS monitor using this USB-C to DisplayPort cable (https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B078YRF7WB/) but the monitor is not detecting the Mac Mini.

However, the monitor does detect my MacBook Pro with the same cable so I know the cable itself isn't faulty. Is there something I need to configure with the Mac Mini to get it working?

Mac mini, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 10:03 PM

Update: I installed a MacOS update and the monitor is working with my Mac Mini now.

However, if I change the display resolution to anything with "More Space" (rather than leaving it on "Default for display"), the monitor flashes black for a second approximately every 10 seconds (at a regular interval). Any thoughts about why the monitor would flash with a higher resolution?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2020 10:03 PM in response to Rheumo

Update: I installed a MacOS update and the monitor is working with my Mac Mini now.

However, if I change the display resolution to anything with "More Space" (rather than leaving it on "Default for display"), the monitor flashes black for a second approximately every 10 seconds (at a regular interval). Any thoughts about why the monitor would flash with a higher resolution?

Thunderbolt to DisplayPort cable not working with Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.