Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad won't accept iPhone passcode

I am setting up a new iPad. I set the same passcode on the iPad as I have for my iPhone. In the setup I successfully log into my apple account but then it asks for my iPhone passcode. I put it in and it says that I have incorrectly put in the iPad passcode, not the iPhone passcode. They are the same of course. I choose other devices and it asks for my MacBook password. I have three accounts on my MacBook but none of the passwords work. I am stuck in this set of the setup and cannot go forward. I checked the devices on my apple account and they all are correct.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 2:33 PM

So this is now resolved. I upgraded the iPad to the most recent iOS and everything just worked. I should have thought about that earlier. Thanks for the reply.

3 replies

Dec 27, 2020 12:57 PM in response to hornet728

Hi hornet728,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue setting up your new iPad to use your iPhone's passcode. We'd like to help.

Sounds like you've tried a couple different passcodes and you're still running into issues. What is currently on the display of the iPad now? Are you still setting up the iPad or is it showing that the device is disabled. If it's disabled, this resource can help:

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

If you're still going through the set up, it's may be better that you reset the iPad and complete the iPad again.

Hope that helps!

Ipad won't accept iPhone passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.