Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Mac fails to launch my iMovie library

I have moved my iMovie library to an external hard drive because I had no storage left. It was working earlier but now I am trying to reopen my iMovie and it continues to fail. How can I fix this?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 1:32 AM

Your external drive should be formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) or APFS in order for your iMovie library to work properly. Do a Control-click/Get info on the external drive and confirm the format. If you need to reformat be aware that reformatting will erase all data on the drive. So back up any data that you want to keep.

— Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 1:32 AM in response to Alex_eddie14

Your external drive should be formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) or APFS in order for your iMovie library to work properly. Do a Control-click/Get info on the external drive and confirm the format. If you need to reformat be aware that reformatting will erase all data on the drive. So back up any data that you want to keep.

— Rich

my Mac fails to launch my iMovie library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.