Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay from macbook to LG oled55cx

I´m having a problem connecting my macbook pro 13 middle 2015 to my new LG oled55cx. The computer detect the tv and when selected in display system preferences it communicates with the tv, macbook screen changes resolution and tv becames black. After a while the computer displays the message "could not connect to Lg webos tv". Running macOS big sur 11.1 and airplay version on TV 25.06. Any suggestions?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 12:41 PM

Hi there paclemos,

It sounds like you are attempting to AirPlay content from your Mac to your LG TV but an error appears. We're happy to assist and look into this with you.

Make sure your TV is compatible with AirPlay 2. Use this link: Home Accessories

Then make sure your Mac meets the system requirements for video and audio streaming: AirPlay system requirements

Take a look at these steps to help with the specific error you're receiving: If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device

If you need more help, please let us know.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 12:41 PM in response to paclemos

Hi there paclemos,

It sounds like you are attempting to AirPlay content from your Mac to your LG TV but an error appears. We're happy to assist and look into this with you.

Make sure your TV is compatible with AirPlay 2. Use this link: Home Accessories

Then make sure your Mac meets the system requirements for video and audio streaming: AirPlay system requirements

Take a look at these steps to help with the specific error you're receiving: If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device

If you need more help, please let us know.

Cheers!

airplay from macbook to LG oled55cx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.