Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase of used i phone

I am in UAE, i was on the way to home suddenly someone call me and told me that he has iPhone 11 pro max want to sale, he showed me original box with all accessor and original invoice showing the imei no. Of the phone.

he was selling me mobile with very cheap price at 800 Aed.

2 weeks ago the same story happened with me i also reject that one.

I want to know what is wrong with that mobile they are offring like that?

i just took the pics of imei no, model no. etc And i checked the status of mobile online results are attached below.

Please guide me inthis matter if anyone has any information about that?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 1:12 PM

The model and other information is correct as you have found out. One thing to know and that is that Find My iPhone appears to be still ON on that iPhone. If that is the case then this phone most certainly is a stolen iPhone. If you purchase this iPhone then you may run the risk of not being able to Activate this iPhone. That Activation Lock will prevent the use of that iPhone. My recommendation is that you do NOT purchase or show any interest in the advertised iPhone.

Axel F.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 1:12 PM in response to Mohammadimran98

The model and other information is correct as you have found out. One thing to know and that is that Find My iPhone appears to be still ON on that iPhone. If that is the case then this phone most certainly is a stolen iPhone. If you purchase this iPhone then you may run the risk of not being able to Activate this iPhone. That Activation Lock will prevent the use of that iPhone. My recommendation is that you do NOT purchase or show any interest in the advertised iPhone.

Axel F.

Dec 26, 2020 2:46 PM in response to Mohammadimran98

Don't know how the seller gets the invoice and the box. You can ask the seller to reset the iPhone to factory settings and turn OFF Find My. Have the seller take screen shots showing the Serial Number and IMEI number. It still won't 100% prove anything. The bottom line is that if the deal appears too good to be true then it probably is.

Axel F.

Purchase of used i phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.