Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages being received from other family members and having the same number

Why does my brother get my text conversations I have with other people even when both of us have message in the iCloud section turned off and also, when he texts me it says that he is texting his own phone number even though we have different numbers. also for context, we have the same Apple ID and icloud

iPhone 11, 14

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 1:57 PM

Hi Blankets2435,

It sounds like you share an Apple ID and iCloud account with your brother and he gets your text conversations. Making sure your messages are separated and not shared is important. We're glad you reached out for help.

When an Apple ID is shared for messages the email account is listed on both devices to send and receive messages. Check out the resource below for help with how Messages works.

Set up Messages on iPhone

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 1:57 PM in response to Blankets2435

Hi Blankets2435,

It sounds like you share an Apple ID and iCloud account with your brother and he gets your text conversations. Making sure your messages are separated and not shared is important. We're glad you reached out for help.

When an Apple ID is shared for messages the email account is listed on both devices to send and receive messages. Check out the resource below for help with how Messages works.

Set up Messages on iPhone

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

Messages being received from other family members and having the same number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.