Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a DCP-8085DN Brother printer in use with a new Mac and I keep getting messages to contact the developer to work better with the new OS but I can't find out how to do this?

I have a DCP-8085DN Brother printer in use with a new Mac and I keep getting messages to contact the developer to update, how do I do this?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 10:23 PM

Hi,

The DCP-8085DN appears to be supported for up to macOS Catalina 10.15 only. However, some other models have worked with the macOS Catalina driver under macOS 11 Big Sur as well. So, you may want to carry out a test with a fresh download of the version 1.5.0 printer driver here:

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp8085dn_all&os=10060

However, begin by resetting the printing system:

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Use a network connection.

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Look upon this as an experiment. It may or may not work with your model.

If the macOS Catalina driver does not work, you may want to try a generic PostScript or PCL printer in the Use: field.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 10:23 PM in response to RaggedyAnndoll

Hi,

The DCP-8085DN appears to be supported for up to macOS Catalina 10.15 only. However, some other models have worked with the macOS Catalina driver under macOS 11 Big Sur as well. So, you may want to carry out a test with a fresh download of the version 1.5.0 printer driver here:

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp8085dn_all&os=10060

However, begin by resetting the printing system:

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Use a network connection.

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Look upon this as an experiment. It may or may not work with your model.

If the macOS Catalina driver does not work, you may want to try a generic PostScript or PCL printer in the Use: field.

I have a DCP-8085DN Brother printer in use with a new Mac and I keep getting messages to contact the developer to work better with the new OS but I can't find out how to do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.