Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stuck on restart

2019 iMac 21.5 inch running OS Catalina 10.15.7. when I click on restart in apple menu the screen go blank and nothing else happens, the Mac won't restart. I press the on/off button at the rear and iMac restarts. Also on occasions I get the spinning rainbow wheel, why is this happening? Do I need to reinstall Catalina?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 8:04 AM

IF Malwarebytes is the only third party AV, cleaning or other maintenance app installed you may have installed some malware or the computer may have a hardware issue.

If you any wired peripherals attached, please disconnect them as one may be causing your problem.

Also please do the following:

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2020 8:04 AM in response to Roger24

IF Malwarebytes is the only third party AV, cleaning or other maintenance app installed you may have installed some malware or the computer may have a hardware issue.

If you any wired peripherals attached, please disconnect them as one may be causing your problem.

Also please do the following:

stuck on restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.