Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The right side of my iphone X screen does not respond to touch

The far right side of my iPhone X screen does not respond to touch

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 12:08 PM

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - see whether a screen protector or the iPhone's case (If you use any of these) is getting in the way by removing them and trying again. Note that if you remove the screen protector then you may not be able to use it again.

(3)  If that does not help your iPhone may have a failing digitizer (touch screen). I recommend that you have it examined at the Appel Store or at an Authorized Service Center. If they are closed or not available then please ➔  Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Axel F.

Axel F.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2020 12:08 PM in response to LaQuintagolfer

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - see whether a screen protector or the iPhone's case (If you use any of these) is getting in the way by removing them and trying again. Note that if you remove the screen protector then you may not be able to use it again.

(3)  If that does not help your iPhone may have a failing digitizer (touch screen). I recommend that you have it examined at the Appel Store or at an Authorized Service Center. If they are closed or not available then please ➔  Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Axel F.

Axel F.

Feb 7, 2021 7:19 AM in response to Ashish-IN

Ok, something good about it is that Apple already acknowledged this issue and has iPhone X screen replacement program valid upto 3 years of purchase. I got mine inspected and replaced in a day. I hope this is helpful to someone who isn’t aware about it and getting their iPhone serviced outside to save some bucks. Approach nearest service centre and get it replaced free of charge.

The right side of my iphone X screen does not respond to touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.