Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently deleted photos error

I recently deleted my 13000 photos to free up my storage on my iphone X but its been second hour that in recently deleted folder, photos are in blank form and if i go back from recently deleted folder the number of “13000” is still showing on recently deleted folder and 77.8GB is also shown in the settings that is in the recently deleted folder

so I don’t know now how to deal with this problem

iPhone X, 14

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 1:10 PM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2020 7:08 AM in response to mohsin001

Hello mohsin001,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that photos in the recently deleted folder are blank and you're unable to delete the photos from then recently deleted folder. We're happy to help!

Try the these steps to permanently delete the photos from the recently deleted folder.

"Delete photos permanently 

If you want to permanently delete your photos or videos, you can remove them from the Recently Deleted album. When you delete a photo from this album, you can't get it back. Here's how to delete photos permanently: 

1. Open Photos and tap the Albums tab.
  2. Tap the Recently Deleted album, then tap Select.
  3. Tap the photos or videos that you want to delete or tap Delete All.
  4. Tap Delete again to confirm."

For more information about deleting photos see this article:

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Dec 30, 2020 12:15 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thank you for replying.

I have tried what you told me in the comment but it is still the same as before. I went to albums folder then to the recently deleted folder and selected all the blank photos and deleted them but as soon as i was in the recently deleted folder it got empty and when i went back they came again when i open my recently deleted folder ☹️

Recently deleted photos error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.