Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t change date and time

The date on my iPhone XR is permanently stuck on “28 Dec 2563 BE”.

• I’ve have completed the latest software update.
  • I’ve tried multiple times to change it automatically and manually, nothing works.
  • When I try manually changing it, it doesn’t let me go back to 2020, only 2563 and future years.
  • I’ve restarted my phone multiple times.
  • I’ve turned off screen time.
  • I’ve ensured I’ve allowed the phone use its current location to determine the correct time zone. (Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > select Setting Time Zone). Nothing fixes it.

Please help, thanks!

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 7:05 PM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2020 2:35 PM in response to D-A-N-1

Hello D-A-N-1,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with setting the correct Date & Time on your iPhone. We're happy to help.

You've completed some excellent steps thus far. As the issue continues, we'd recommend checking for an iCloud or backup to a computer you had prior to the issue. If needed, this article can help check for backups: Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once located, check out the steps here to restore from that backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Additionally, "Manual adjustments to time settings to change app behavior (like game timers) isn't recommended." you can find more information and helpful steps here: If you can’t change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Cheers!

Can’t change date and time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.