Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Apple ID deleted, itunes music being held hostage

I have a dilemma - my old desktop Mac is holding my music library (mostly CDs I loaded into iTunes back in the day) hostage because the account (a mac.com account) no longer exists. My husband says that our mac.com account was moved to an icloud.com account and Apple help desk says since the mac.com account no longer exists, my music, including my own, is no longer accessible.

Can this be true? Is there anyway to move that library over to my newer Macbook without access to that deleted account? Help please.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 1:02 AM

Do you have the old desktop Mac with the files, or a backup of the same? If so you can copy them, if not you can't. Unless you're paying for a subscription to iTunes Match music that you add to your iTunes library is only stored locally on the computer. It is your job to backup the library and move it to your new computer if you upgrade.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 1:02 AM in response to shawn115

Do you have the old desktop Mac with the files, or a backup of the same? If so you can copy them, if not you can't. Unless you're paying for a subscription to iTunes Match music that you add to your iTunes library is only stored locally on the computer. It is your job to backup the library and move it to your new computer if you upgrade.

tt2

Old Apple ID deleted, itunes music being held hostage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.