Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music encoded with changed

For years when I download tracks and add them to my library in apple music they would all have encoded with"Lame3.97", now all of sudden this has changed to encoded with 'Beatport'. Does anyone know why this would change? I am having issues with track info and artwork so I am wondering if this has anything to do with it? Appreciate any assistance!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 6:52 AM

10 replies

Dec 29, 2020 6:41 AM in response to ed2345

Hi, thanks for the reply. The thing is I don't subscribe to Apple Music or buy any music here, I just use it for my music library which the majority of is purchased from Beatport.

My previous post was how all tracks from Beatport have for years had the album cover artwork, waveform and the album record label artwork as below (a). Now all of a sudden there is just the album cover artwork (b), not the end of the world but it's bugging me!

(a)

(b)

Puzzling??

Dec 28, 2020 11:42 AM in response to cl4rkey

CL,

Interesting, first I've seen that here. LAME 3.97 is quite old (2006) and the newest LAME is 3.100, so not surprising that they stopped using the old one. It is possible that Beatport is using a newer MP3 encoder, and named it for themselves.

I'd be a little surprised if the new encoding is related to artwork and metadata issues, but if you can isolate the problem maybe Beatport can help.

Dec 31, 2020 12:07 AM in response to ed2345

Yes multiple artwork is still visible on the older tracks it’s just the newer tracks so it doesn’t appear to be an issue with the app. Beatport have finally got back to me and they have just moved to a different system which may be the issue, but they cannot confirm until their staff return from the Christmas holidays!

Apple Music encoded with changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.