Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Information Shared with Old Phone

I recently transferred my phone to my mom and I bought a new phone. When I received my new phone, during setup it automatically transferred the data to my new phone. I could not erase and reset the old phone as I didn't remember my screen passcode. I now have my some of my data shared with my mom's phone including photos. Some text are shared but not all. Can someone provide some guidance?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 8:05 AM

that makes sense if the device is still using your Apple ID

your previous iPhone needs to be restored to factory settings. See this support article

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

if you forgot the screen time passcode

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

or if it was the device passcode you forgot..

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 8:05 AM in response to Amelia2021

that makes sense if the device is still using your Apple ID

your previous iPhone needs to be restored to factory settings. See this support article

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

if you forgot the screen time passcode

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

or if it was the device passcode you forgot..

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Information Shared with Old Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.