Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring from iPhone 7 to 13 mini

I just received my iPhone 13 mini today and I was exchanging data from old iPhone to new one. Everything went well but when i open the settings, it was showing “Update Apple ID Settings “ for some services to be available so I click and it asked me Apple ID password, i filled and it asked me phone passcode, I filled and it asked me to enter the passcode for old iPhone as per image. I have only one passcode to unlock my phone since my data has been transferred from old to new. What does it mean by enter the old iPhone passcode?

And when I scrolled down in the settings, I am seeing the 2 devices which are 13 mini and iPhone 7. Shouldn’t iPhone 7 disappear by now ? My old iPhone has been cleared after transfer completed. Please help me solve this.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 1:32 PM

Enter the old phone passcode. If necessary, if you see an option to reset encrypted data, several people have posted that they did that and lost little to no data.

Did your sign out of iCloud and turn off Find My Phone before clearing the old phone?

1 reply

Transferring from iPhone 7 to 13 mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.