Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot see a shared Apple TV subscription on my Smart TV - Apple TV app

Hello. My mother get a free One Year Subscription to an Apple TV+ in Slovakia. I setup a Family Shared group and shared the Apple TV+ with my account. When I log in to an Apple TV on my MacBook Pro or on a Smart TV Samsung's Appple TV app, I cannot see there the Apple TV+. I can always just subscribte to a 7 days free trial.

What should I do? Thanks

MacBook

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 10:51 AM

The free year offer isn’t automatic. It has to be redeemed by the user of the new Apple device in the TV app.

Once she has the subscription, then it can and will be shared through Family Sharing. Then each group member can access the subscription through their own account.

Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Apple TV+ one year offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Family Sharing - Apple

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 10:51 AM in response to vkasala

The free year offer isn’t automatic. It has to be redeemed by the user of the new Apple device in the TV app.

Once she has the subscription, then it can and will be shared through Family Sharing. Then each group member can access the subscription through their own account.

Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Apple TV+ one year offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Family Sharing - Apple

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Cannot see a shared Apple TV subscription on my Smart TV - Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.