Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incompatibility between MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, iTunes 12.8.2.3 and iOS 14.3

I have been accustomed to syncing my iTunes library with my phone but since update to iOS 14, I can no longer do that. Normally, when I plug my phone in to my Macbook Pro, an icon shows up on my iTunes (v12.8.2.3) window indicating which device is connected and there is a "Summary" command in the column on the left of the hand side of the screen.

Since upgrading to iOS 14, neither the device , not the command show up any longer. When I have check the Hub info under the USB Device Tree in "System Report" it confirms that i have an iPhone connected to the USB 2.0 bus, so I know that it is not an issue with my lightning cable. Despite that, I can't sync my phone through iTunes any longer.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this problem?

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 8:12 PM

Maybe this? --> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251839502

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 28, 2020 8:46 PM in response to Limnos

Worked like Charm, thanks.

Obviously none of the other tech support people at Apple know about this trick, as when I called about this problem early this afternoon, I was told that I would have to install iTunes on my wife's Window laptop, copy my music library to an external hard drive, upload that library to the other copy of iTunes and then sync my phone from that.

Given that I have nearly 4000 songs in my iTunes library, it would have taken me forever to go through that process.

Your solution REALLY saved my bacon. THANKS!

Incompatibility between MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, iTunes 12.8.2.3 and iOS 14.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.