Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM cards

I don’t know what to do before I transfer my SIM card from my original phone to a new one.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 9:15 PM

The SIM card is what your carrier uses to identify the phone number and connection to their system. If you are getting a new phone and you aren't planning on changing anything you should be able to just transfer the card to the new phone. If you really want to make sure, you should contact your carrier and ask them what you should do before transferring the card. It's going to be the carrier that controls the SIM card and not the phone itself so the carrier is who you are going to want to get into contact with.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 9:15 PM in response to champ164

The SIM card is what your carrier uses to identify the phone number and connection to their system. If you are getting a new phone and you aren't planning on changing anything you should be able to just transfer the card to the new phone. If you really want to make sure, you should contact your carrier and ask them what you should do before transferring the card. It's going to be the carrier that controls the SIM card and not the phone itself so the carrier is who you are going to want to get into contact with.

SIM cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.