Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync voice memos (it's chagned)?

How do I sync voice memos to my computer, please?

I used to know how but since iTunes became "Music" I've been unable. I read somewhere that my voice memos should be syncing to the "Voice Memos" app but they're not. I also read that my voice memos should be getting stored in iCloud but that's not happening either.

Thank you very much in advance!

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 11:12 AM

Hi asflnf_sflk,

It seems you're having trouble syncing Voice Memos and we can help.

Let's make sure Voice Memos are syncing with iCloud from your iPhone.

Go to Settings > [your_name] > iCloud, and make sure Voice Memos is on.

On your Mac, you can go to System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Drive, and make sure Voice Memos is selected.

If you're signed in to the same Apple ID on both, recording on one should shortly appear on the other.

Best of luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2020 11:12 AM in response to asflnf_sflk

Hi asflnf_sflk,

It seems you're having trouble syncing Voice Memos and we can help.

Let's make sure Voice Memos are syncing with iCloud from your iPhone.

Go to Settings > [your_name] > iCloud, and make sure Voice Memos is on.

On your Mac, you can go to System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Drive, and make sure Voice Memos is selected.

If you're signed in to the same Apple ID on both, recording on one should shortly appear on the other.

Best of luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Dec 31, 2020 4:44 PM in response to ryane77

You solved it. Mind if I ask a followup?

All my phone's voice memos are now in the voice memos app. I would like them to be in iTunes as well so that I can assign them ratings (out of five stars).

I see that I can individually drag a voice memo out of the voice memos app onto my desktop, and then import it into iTunes. But to do this for all of my hundreds of voice memos would take a while.

So I opened voice memos and tried to select all, and drag them all to the desktop. It won't let me select all.

Is there an efficient way to accomplish my objective?

Thank you very much again.

How do I sync voice memos (it's chagned)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.