Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play Next and Play Last options missing in Apple Music on macOS

I've notices that Play Next and Play Last options are missing in Apple Music app on macOS. The options are still available in iOS and they are available in the web app at music.apple.com, but they're gone from the macOS app. I'm on Big Sur 11.1.

There are cases when the options pop up:

1) I can see and use them on whole albums (but not on separate tracks)

2) Sometimes I can see them on a few tracks within an album, but not all (interestingly enough when that's the case the options are available only on the first two tracks)

As I said, the functionality works as expected on iOS and at music.apple.com.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:02 AM

4 replies

Dec 31, 2020 11:17 AM in response to jkorycki

Hello jkorycki,

We understand you're experiencing issues with the Playing Next queue in the Music app on your Mac. We'd like to help you get to the bottom of this.

Does this issue occur when playing songs from your Library, when playing songs in playlists, or both? Also, when you say Play Next is missing, do you mean the button itself is missing completely from the Music app, or do you mean there are no songs listed after clicking on Play Next?

Make sure you're following these steps to use Play Next: Use the Playing Next queue in Music on Mac. Also, make sure a song is actually playing when you attempt to use Play Next or else you won't see any songs listed after clicking the button.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Jan 24, 2021 8:44 AM in response to jkorycki

Did you get any additional feedback from Apple or is it even fixed for you? I think I tried everything here but don't get a permanent fix. Also I have heavy performance issues in the Music app while messing with the list and single songs, most of the time the app is beach balling, sometimes I have audio interruptions.

There's another tread regarding this problem here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252084068

Jan 1, 2021 10:13 AM in response to Corrie84

Hello Corrie84

Thanks for your comment. I've actually reported a bug via Feedback Assistant and its current status is "Potential fix identified...", so Apple seems to be aware of the issue and a resolution is coming at some point in the future. Hopefully, soon.

But to answer your question - the problem is that the buttons themselves are missing.

Take care.

Play Next and Play Last options missing in Apple Music on macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.