Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

emagic AMT8. Will it work with Big Sur 11.1

I have a new M1 Macbook Air. It registers the presence of my AMT8 on the USB bus on System Report but Audio MIDI setup doesn't see it and nor does Logic. Is there any way to get this to work? It's an old interface but it's rock solid and up to now has worked perfectly.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 12:16 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Dec 30, 2020 9:14 AM in response to n-tropic

That’s a copout. we are end users and have no idea if some app or equipment will work or not. We do not work for Apple, so unless someone has that particular equipment, it will be difficult to find out. I tried to google it and could only come up with online vendors selling it. You can try the Logic forums here - the OS forum you chose is not the best place.

Feb 14, 2021 10:32 AM in response to n-tropic

Hi, I had your same problem, owning an AMT8, that, after the upgrade to Big Sur seemed not to be recognized by Logic Pro nor by every other midi app.

Only in windows through Parallels desktop it was correctly recognized, for the use with SoundDiver, that I use for synth programming.

The solution is to rescan the AMT8 in "midi audio configuration", select it and in the menu "midi Studio" clicking the submenu (in Italian is) "aggiorna configurazione midi" and the AMT8 will be recognized correctly...

I don't know if this action has to be repeated when disconnecting the interface, for I've not still tested... hope not...

Regards

Luca

emagic AMT8. Will it work with Big Sur 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.