Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access Safari

It's been a year or more since I was upgraded from my original operating system and since then have not been able to open a lot of things in Safari. Right now I have macOSBigSur version 11.1. A lot of stuff I really don't care about, so it's no problem. Just the other day I changed Auto & Homeowners Insurance and now when they send emails to check my new account, I keep getting "Safari Can't Connect to Server". Why does this keep happening? Is there some way I can access my account through some other site?

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:39 PM

I understand you're encountering an inability to load a website, or perhaps several websites, causing that message to appear.

Refer to If you can't open a website in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

Similar questions

6 replies

Dec 29, 2020 8:01 PM in response to olyman1955

If you are clicking a link in an email message they sent to you and Safari says it "can't connect to server" then the usual cause is a typo in that link. A space or a dot or something like that where it should not be.

What you see in an email text may have nothing to do with the actual webpage it loads (or attempts to load, in your case). Just a thought.

Dec 29, 2020 11:30 PM in response to John Galt

What is in the email is "My Account" and also "Login". Supposedly, if I click on either one, it's sullies to take me to their web page so I can login and access my account. This happens a lot when I search the net for an item on a website. A lot of times it won't open the site, it give me that Safari Can't connect to Server. I'll try some of you tips tomorrow. Thanks

Can't access Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.