Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smell and tasting my AirPods Pro?

Just got my AirPods Pro and the silicone tips have a strong chemical smell, as other people have reported. After listening to music for an hour I swear I can taste them. Back of tongue has a slight bitterness to it along with the chemical “smell” of the AirPods. Took out the AirPods and the taste goes away in probably 5-10 minutes. I’ve had the AirPods for over a week now and the smell hasn’t dissipated at all. Is it like tasting onions through your feet kinda thing?

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 7:17 PM

Hello Desertsky,

We see you just received new AirPods Pro and you're noticing a strong oder. We'd be happy to help.

Since noticing the smell have you tried cleaning your AirPods Pro? If you're unsure how to complete this, check out How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods.

If you continue to notice the smell, we'd recommend looking into your Returns & Refunds options.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 7:17 PM in response to Desertsky

Hello Desertsky,

We see you just received new AirPods Pro and you're noticing a strong oder. We'd be happy to help.

Since noticing the smell have you tried cleaning your AirPods Pro? If you're unsure how to complete this, check out How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods.

If you continue to notice the smell, we'd recommend looking into your Returns & Refunds options.

Smell and tasting my AirPods Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.