Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove moving zoom in zoom out on photo clips

How to take the zoom in zoom out feature off the photo clips in my movie. I using mixed media of videos and photos. I don’t want any features in my photo clips. They need to show up still and centered.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 1:59 PM

Hi, katherine76,

From within iMovie click on iMovie/Preferences in the main menu. In the preference box that appears, choose "Fit" in the photo placement box. That will remove the zoom in media that is added to all future projects.

The default change in preferences will apply only to future projects. For current projects where you have unwanted zoom you can eliminate it by selecting the clip and clicking on the crop icon (the one that looks like intersecting angles) in the tool box at the upper right hand corner of your screen. Select "Fit" in the crop selection box and then apply your change by clicking on the blue reset button in the upper right of your screen. You can eliminate the zoom in all clips at once by selecting the first clip and then shift-selecting the last clip in the range. That will select all clips in the range. Then go to the crop tool and enter "Fit" in the selection box and apply the change by clicking on the blue reset button.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 1:59 PM in response to katharine76

Hi, katherine76,

From within iMovie click on iMovie/Preferences in the main menu. In the preference box that appears, choose "Fit" in the photo placement box. That will remove the zoom in media that is added to all future projects.

The default change in preferences will apply only to future projects. For current projects where you have unwanted zoom you can eliminate it by selecting the clip and clicking on the crop icon (the one that looks like intersecting angles) in the tool box at the upper right hand corner of your screen. Select "Fit" in the crop selection box and then apply your change by clicking on the blue reset button in the upper right of your screen. You can eliminate the zoom in all clips at once by selecting the first clip and then shift-selecting the last clip in the range. That will select all clips in the range. Then go to the crop tool and enter "Fit" in the selection box and apply the change by clicking on the blue reset button.

-- Rich

Remove moving zoom in zoom out on photo clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.