Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri on Apple Watch 5 can't find appointments or create new ones

I have an iPhone XS on iOS 14.3 and an Apple Watch 5 Nike Edition on watchOS 7.2. Everything works fine - incl. Siri on the watch - with one exception: Siri on the watch can't work with Calendar on the watch.

Opening Calendar on the watch, I see all my appointments just fine. However, when asking Siri "what's my next appointment" it replies that there aren't any. If I ask Siri on the watch to add a new appointment, it replies "Sorry, I'm afraid I can't do that.".

The exact same commands work fine on the phone itself.

I've tried to factory reset the watch and restored from backup - no change.

I've tried to factory reset the watch and set it up as a new device - no change either.

However, during setup, there was some screen about Siri not being compatible with my region and language (Germany / English (UK)) and it being disabled because of that. But after the watch became usable, Siri was activated and happy to reply. Also, as mentioned, everything else regarding Siri on the watch works just fine. It answers questions about the weather, etc.

Is there anything else I could try?

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 3:58 PM

I finally found the reason - in this thread: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/17129?page=3

It was my company's MDM profile.

I've verified this using above mentioned Calendar Timeline on the watch. With the profile installed, all it was able to see were the automatically generated calendars "German holidays" and "Birthdays".

After removing the profile and doing "Reset Sync Data", suddenly all my different calendars (corporate and personal) appeared in Calendar Timeline and also my Shortcut worked as expected. As did Siri.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 3:58 PM in response to mbirth

I finally found the reason - in this thread: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/17129?page=3

It was my company's MDM profile.

I've verified this using above mentioned Calendar Timeline on the watch. With the profile installed, all it was able to see were the automatically generated calendars "German holidays" and "Birthdays".

After removing the profile and doing "Reset Sync Data", suddenly all my different calendars (corporate and personal) appeared in Calendar Timeline and also my Shortcut worked as expected. As did Siri.

Feb 14, 2021 7:24 AM in response to mbirth

I've found this guy @kmichalec having the same issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250775621?answerId=252482039022#252482039022

I've now bought "Calendar Timeline" for the Apple Watch and lo and behold it only shows "German holidays" and "Birthdays" as calendars. Nothing else. My guess is that Siri also only sees those 2 calendars which explains why it doesn't know about my appointments.

Also, when disabling all online calendars, the "Personal" calendar that's stored in the iPhone does show up on the watch. As soon as I enable any cloud calendar again (iCloud or O365), the "Personal" vanishes from the watch but none of the cloud calendars appears.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any solution as of yet.

Jan 1, 2021 1:35 PM in response to mbirth

Hello mbirth,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand Siri on your Apple Watch cannot create events or announce your next appointment in the Calendar app. We'll be happy to help.

We suggest to open the Watch app on the paired iPhone, tap on the My Watch tab > Calendar. Let's make sure that, "Mirror my iPhone" is selected underneath, "Calendars."

If that doesn't help, we recommend to contact Apple Support to review this further. You can contact them through this link here: Get Support

Kind regards.

Jan 9, 2021 9:14 AM in response to Leanne_68

I've just talked to support and the person on the other end came to the conclusion that the Apple Watch Series 5 doesn't support "Hey Siri, what's my next appointment". Which I doubt but after 45 minutes of checking every single setting there is and confirming that it's correct, I didn't want to stress the poor guy any further.

I've also made a Shortcut that finds the next 5 events in Calendar and returns the number of events found. On my phone it shows "Found 5 events.", on my watch: "Found 0 events.". Go figure.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Siri on Apple Watch 5 can't find appointments or create new ones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.