Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12 mini messaging keyboard sideways

Hello. I recently bought my partner a new iPhone 12 Mini which has been going well except that we have been having problems with texting. Her display is zoomed and she originally had the Zmoji keyboard installed. When she opens a text to reply to, she has the phone in portrait, however the keyboard comes up in Landscape. The message is still in portrait but the keyboard isn’t. The screen then freezes and she has to force close the app. Some times this fixes the issue and sometimes she has to leave it for a while and wait for the phone to sort itself. I have removed the Zmoji keyboard and rebooted. She is also running the latest iOS. Would anyone have any ideas please? Doesn’t seem to happen when the display is set to Standard mode instead of zoomed

iPhone

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 9:17 AM

Hi neale48,

We understand that your partner is having some problems with the keyboard not appearing as expected, and we'd like to help. To clarify, does this only happen in the Messages app, or does it happen in other apps as well.

If it's only happening in Messages, do you know if any other text settings such as Bold or increased text size have been enabled in the Accessibility settings?

Use display and text size preferences on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We'd like to see if there's a combination of increased text size and Zoom that's causing the behavior to happen.

Please let us know! We're here for you.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 9:17 AM in response to neale48

Hi neale48,

We understand that your partner is having some problems with the keyboard not appearing as expected, and we'd like to help. To clarify, does this only happen in the Messages app, or does it happen in other apps as well.

If it's only happening in Messages, do you know if any other text settings such as Bold or increased text size have been enabled in the Accessibility settings?

Use display and text size preferences on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We'd like to see if there's a combination of increased text size and Zoom that's causing the behavior to happen.

Please let us know! We're here for you.

Jan 2, 2021 11:06 PM in response to mingoslkd

Hello mingoslkd

Many thanks for your kind reply.

when the problem first started we had the Display Settings toggled to ‘zoomed’, and hadn’t increased the text size separately at all.

When the problem arose I then reverted Helen’s phone to ‘standard’, which seemed to fix the problem.

When we went back to ‘zoomed’ the issues started back up.

I have now reverted her to ‘standard’ and also increased the text size by one notch.

I have attached a copy of the screens of my phone as they are identical.

it is very odd.

iphone 12 mini messaging keyboard sideways

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.