Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini M1 - Display/Window Flickering

I recently received my new M1 Mac mini. In general I love it.

I seem to be having the same Bluetooth issues as a lot of others with my Magic Mouse and Keyboard. And obviously hoping this is resolved soon.

And I know there are one or more threads about display issues, but I have not seen this one.

Basically I get an intermittent flickering on my Acer CB281HK Widescreen LCD (4K) Monitor. I have connected via both HDMI and Displayport. It seems to effect one window or the desktop at a time, separately from other windows. i.e. Not necessarily the entire monitor view. I'm sure it's on Apple's radar, but wanted to throw it out there.

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 10:36 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 2, 2021 5:26 PM in response to ajmmiami

Hi ajmmiami,

We're glad you're reaching out through Apple Support Communities for help with your new Mac mini. Congratulations! Let's get to the bottom of this together.

Please let us know more about what's going on. First, what sort of behavior are you experiencing with your Magic Mouse and keyboard? Is this a Magic Keyboard? What's the version of macOS installed on your computer? This can be verified under Apple menu () > About this Mac.

Regarding the flickering issues with your display, have you had a chance to restart your Mac since noticing this? Let us know if the information in this guide helps:

If your Mac display doesn't look right

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

Jan 5, 2021 7:26 AM in response to Eric--F

Hi There,

I have restarted the Mac mini multiple times and it has not improved anything unfortunately. The mouse regularly (average ever 5 mins) loses connection. The Keyboard less frequently. I have also just noticed that when I connect my Bluetooth headphones, the first connection is always bad. So I disconnect, and reconnect and that seems to fix the issue. My AirPods also seem to have an issue every now and then.

I have a brand new Mac mini M1 with Big Sur (11.1) installed.

The screen flickering is a very soft flicker. I have used multiple cables and tried both HDMI and Displayport, but no difference. It is hard to pinpoint if there is a consistent timing of the flickering. It just randomly seems to happen.

Thanks a lot.

Mac mini M1 - Display/Window Flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.