Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 mic/ sound issues on video calls - FaceTime, WhatsApp

I’ve been having issues with my iPhone ever since I got it. When I’m on a FaceTime video call or a WhatsApp video call, the people on the other end complain that my voice cuts out. At times they can’t hear me at all or every other word that I say gets dropped. I’ve gotten my phone checked out at the Apple store as well and they said that they didn’t find any hardware issues. Is there a way to fix this? I’m seriously considering returning my phone at this point. Would appreciate any help

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 10:28 AM

1 reply

Jan 4, 2021 7:26 AM in response to tarun174

Hi there tarun174,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’ve run into an issue when using video calling with WhatsApp or FaceTime. We’ll be happy to help.

If you’re using a case or screen protector, please remove them and restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone. Then test a FaceTime call.

If the issue continues, follow these steps: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working. We hope this helps. If the issue continues, you can use the following link to get connected for further assistance: Contact Apple Support.

Best regards.

iPhone 12 mic/ sound issues on video calls - FaceTime, WhatsApp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.