Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing data from icloud

I had purchased a new iphone last night but they were short of time to do phone to phone transfer of my data. They decided to back all my data from old phone to the iCloud instead. After a few minutes of the back-up, it appeared the data backup was complete. The old phone was a trade-in therefore the data was wiped after the backup. After taking it home, I was under the impression that the transfer from iCloud to my new phone would be seamless. Unfortunately, it was not. I waited the next day and still my data did not upload to my new phone. I did all that I could to locate the backed up data but it does not appear to have captured everything from my old phone. Can someone recommend any tips or advice on how I can retrieve missing data from iCloud? Thank you in advance

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 2:08 PM

If the missing data is data that was synced with iCloud, you would have to turn on the specific switches for the data to download again. What I mean by this is go to Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud. Any apps under that heading that you were using with iCloud would have to be enabled so that the data will download from the cloud. This will not work if you were backing up the data from those apps with iCloud.

If you were including all data and photos in your iCloud backups, you would have to restore a backup that includes the data that you are hoping to restore. The way to see your iCloud backups is to erase the phone in Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings. Then you would have to set up the phone again and choose the backup that you want when you get to that point in the set up process.

You should have two dated backups available for your old phone. You would have to choose the one that you think contains your most complete data. The backup that you made at the store, would most likely not be the one that you want to use. You would probably want the previous backup if it is available. Assuming it is very red the, that would be the one that you want to restore.

If you weren’t backing up automatically every day, then your older backup, if available, may not contain all of the data that you are missing.

If neither of those works for you, the data is gone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 2:08 PM in response to BraRos06

If the missing data is data that was synced with iCloud, you would have to turn on the specific switches for the data to download again. What I mean by this is go to Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud. Any apps under that heading that you were using with iCloud would have to be enabled so that the data will download from the cloud. This will not work if you were backing up the data from those apps with iCloud.

If you were including all data and photos in your iCloud backups, you would have to restore a backup that includes the data that you are hoping to restore. The way to see your iCloud backups is to erase the phone in Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings. Then you would have to set up the phone again and choose the backup that you want when you get to that point in the set up process.

You should have two dated backups available for your old phone. You would have to choose the one that you think contains your most complete data. The backup that you made at the store, would most likely not be the one that you want to use. You would probably want the previous backup if it is available. Assuming it is very red the, that would be the one that you want to restore.

If you weren’t backing up automatically every day, then your older backup, if available, may not contain all of the data that you are missing.

If neither of those works for you, the data is gone.

missing data from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.