Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homesharing on Apple TV 4 and Mac not working

When I try to watch a home video on Apple TV from the computer icon the only thing that shows is a partial music library. Homesharing is on, nothing has changed except the updates to the Mac and Apple TV. I have no Library for music, downloaded movies or home videos.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 6:34 PM

To troubleshoot try changing the video type from Home Movie to Movie on the Mac and see if the ATV finds it. In Mojave this is done via ITunes by choosing Get Info when right-clicking on the video. Not sure about Catalina/Big Sur.

As it happens I always change my home videos to Movie or TV Show and have not encountered your issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 6:34 PM in response to dawnfromgrimsby

To troubleshoot try changing the video type from Home Movie to Movie on the Mac and see if the ATV finds it. In Mojave this is done via ITunes by choosing Get Info when right-clicking on the video. Not sure about Catalina/Big Sur.

As it happens I always change my home videos to Movie or TV Show and have not encountered your issue.

Homesharing on Apple TV 4 and Mac not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.