Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clip filter in iMovie

I just got a brand new MacBook Air, however when I edit videos on iMovie and go to Clip Filter, there are no options that list down. If anyone could provide me with assistance, it'd be helpful. I've clicked the clip first and then clicked "clip filter", however nothing seems to work. Thank you.

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 8:47 PM

Hi, Chevonne1974,

When you click on the Clip filter button in the toolbar at the upper right of your screen (the button that looks like three overlapping circles) and then click on the Clip Filter selection box where it says "None", you should see a large pop up a box on the left that displays all of the clip filters that are available. Are you doing that procedure but still getting no clip filter options?

If so, try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears.Movie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project. Not see if you get clip filter options.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 8:47 PM in response to Chevonne1974

Hi, Chevonne1974,

When you click on the Clip filter button in the toolbar at the upper right of your screen (the button that looks like three overlapping circles) and then click on the Clip Filter selection box where it says "None", you should see a large pop up a box on the left that displays all of the clip filters that are available. Are you doing that procedure but still getting no clip filter options?

If so, try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears.Movie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project. Not see if you get clip filter options.

-- Rich

Clip filter in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.