Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see Clip Names in iMovie 10.2.5

Every editor I've ever used I can see individual clip names. I haven't used iMovie for years and now with Big Sur OS 11.5.1 I want to start using iMovie again.

Got all my clips in the media section (upper left) but I have no way of knowing which clip is which.

I dragged a couple of clips o the timeline but still can't identify what clip it is. How can I see the clip names?

I noticed a couple of answers from years ago but those don't work for me. there's got to be a way.

Thanks

Allen

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 5:04 PM

3 replies

Aug 16, 2021 5:36 PM in response to allenz

Click on View/Skimmer Info.

Then when you move the cursor over the clip in the media browser and the file name will appear.

In the timeline, click on the "i" button in the toolbar at the top right of your screen. Then when you click on a clip in the timeline the file name will be displayed just above the Preview screen.

-- Rich

Can't see Clip Names in iMovie 10.2.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.