Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac's track pad and keyboard only work with a blue tooth keyboard and mouse

Hi all,

Recently my keyboard and mouse ceased working and now only work if I plug in a keyboard or mouse through USB. Any suggestions as at log in it says no keyboard is detected?

Thanks

MacBook

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 8:29 PM

If you have a MBPro 2015 model, then most likely the Trackpad Cable is bad and needs to be replaced. This would be the first easiest step and least expensive option. The cable on the 2015 has a high rate of failure after several years of use.

If you have a different model, then the Trackpad itself may be bad.

You need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop and provide you with an estimate for repair.

Sometimes rebooting the laptop or performing a PRAM Reset will temporarily fix the problem. Hold the PRAM Reset for at least three chimes or a full minute if you have a newer laptop that doesn't chime.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 8:29 PM in response to PaulD39

If you have a MBPro 2015 model, then most likely the Trackpad Cable is bad and needs to be replaced. This would be the first easiest step and least expensive option. The cable on the 2015 has a high rate of failure after several years of use.

If you have a different model, then the Trackpad itself may be bad.

You need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop and provide you with an estimate for repair.

Sometimes rebooting the laptop or performing a PRAM Reset will temporarily fix the problem. Hold the PRAM Reset for at least three chimes or a full minute if you have a newer laptop that doesn't chime.

My Mac's track pad and keyboard only work with a blue tooth keyboard and mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.