Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MsgDisplay Popup

Today I got a rather weird popup on my new 27 inch iMac. It read ""MsgDisplay" will damage your computer. You should move it to the trash". So naturally I did but then another pop up came up reading ""MsgDisplay" could not be moved to trash. Please move this Item to the trash Manually."

What is this?

How do I Fix it?

Am I in trouble?

Last installed accessories was a UGEE drawing pad. and I think that Was it.

Every time I try looking up this thing I get no results. I can't even find it in my finder.

Here's photos of the popups.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 10:38 PM

I'm sorry, but you never even explained of how to actually remove and safely move the item "MsgDisplay" to the trash. I have the same problem, and I was hoping you would help more. Thank you, and please reply with a helpful solution.

Similar questions

11 replies

Jan 4, 2021 7:43 PM in response to mibevan

Hi mibevan,

Thanks for coming out to Apple Support Communities for help with this message you're seeing on your iMac after installing your drawing pad. Let's get to the bottom of this together.

If you head into System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, do you see an app requesting permission to control your Mac? You may have to click on the Accessibility section to allow any recent software for your drawing pad. Here's a guide with more information:

Allow accessibility apps to access your Mac

If you're not seeing a recognized app for your drawing pad, you'll want to refer to the information in the following guide to ensure your Mac is free of any malware:

Protect your Mac from malware

Have a great day!

Feb 13, 2021 9:01 AM in response to mibevan

I was having the same problem after updating Big Sur. I haven't been able to use my Ugee pen tablet since installing Big Sur. I was able to remove the files to stop the pop up though.

After moving the Pen Tablet folder to the trash I no longer had the issue. The folder is located in Mac HD/ Library/ Application Support

I had removed it from applications only and still had the pop up after restarting. After removing it from Application Support and emptying the trash it didn't come back after a restart.

Feb 22, 2021 8:47 PM in response to mibevan

I was having the same issue but I went into system preferences>Security and Privacy>Accessibility (unlock)> both press control and click on PenTabletDriver>press Show in Folder> Message Display should hopefully popped up and you can just delete it and cleaned out your trash can on your computer. Restarted it and hopefully no pop up. Not sure if the tablet actually harms the Mac but we use the same tablet at work on windows and never seen that message so maybe that guy saying maybe its a conspiracy is right😂😂. Hope this helps❤

MsgDisplay Popup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.