Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:Q:My mac login password doesn't work in recovery mode

Recently I was installing new OS Bigsur. At last minute it took 30 minutes and then it show error. Then I was trying to reinstall os by recovery mode (Comand+R) . It was asking user password and when entering password it doesn't work. Does anyone have idea How can I reinstall my mac os still? I was not using Apple I'd also in my mac. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 4:46 AM

How to change of reset computer password

5 replies

Jan 5, 2021 1:59 AM in response to PRP_53

thank you. ok. can tell you the story. I was installing the new OS bigsur. but some how it was interrupt during installation. at the end of the installation it looks 30 minutes to finished even it show less then 01 minute. and then it shows " An error occurred preparing the software update" I have tried many times but same result. then i have decided to go recovery mode and reinstall the Os pressing cmd+R. then it ask my admin password, then i put password and it does,t work, but 100% sure it is the correct password. unfortunate I did not used any Apple ID for this Macbook, so i have no option to login using ID. How can I solve this issues?

Thanks in advance

Question:Q:My mac login password doesn't work in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.