Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I bulk close tabs on a 5th gen iPad?

My uncle has every window open since 9-2019! How do I bulk close safari tabs? Double book button does not offer a close all on this generation iPad. Help

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 4:48 PM

Just to offer a little clarity, perhaps....

There are two ways to open a new tab on the iPad. One is to tap on the + sign. Long pressing in that icon will not work. That will bring up recently closed tabs.

The other way to open a new tab is to hold down on the two squares icon to bring up the contextual menu. That is the one that you want to long press in order to close all tabs at once.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 4:48 PM in response to Lv4oscar

Just to offer a little clarity, perhaps....

There are two ways to open a new tab on the iPad. One is to tap on the + sign. Long pressing in that icon will not work. That will bring up recently closed tabs.

The other way to open a new tab is to hold down on the two squares icon to bring up the contextual menu. That is the one that you want to long press in order to close all tabs at once.

How do I bulk close tabs on a 5th gen iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.