Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Pro will not reboot or restore

Whilst in process of updated iPadOS 14.3 iPad now will not boot up and isn't recognized by PC.

The image of cable pointing to a laptop appears.

I've tried all the Apple Support guidance - pressing Volume Up/Down/Top button, different USB cables, different ports and two different PC's and a laptop, rebooting PC etc. Nothing happens.

IPad worked on all devices with no trouble before.

Any ideas before I return to shop?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 11:05 AM

5 replies

Jan 4, 2021 3:04 AM in response to Apple_tree_99

If your iPad is not being recognised by your PC/Mac, this support page may may help:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Otherwise, you might be best advised to take your iPad along to your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to assess the problem and offer appropriate assistance. Given the current Covid crisis, making an appointment might be advisable.

Jan 4, 2021 3:50 AM in response to Apple_tree_99

I understand your frustration. You really would be best advised to avail yourself of assistance of the technicians at the Genius Bar. They have access to diagnostic software tools that neither you nor the [remote] Apple Support team can use to diagnose and restore the iPad.

One other thing that you can try for yourself is a DFU restore:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5269891

Jan 4, 2021 3:27 AM in response to LotusPilot

Yes I tried all that related to PC not recognizing iPad.

Having tried several different computers, different cables I think the iPad software has been corrupted whilst it was installing iPadOS 14.3. Not sure what else technicians can do if you can't communicate to the iPad.

My experience of Apple Support is that they will suggest the same things on support pages and don't believe you when it doesn't work because it must as they are using computer to diagnose issue and don't actually have the experience/knowledge.

Ipad Pro will not reboot or restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.