You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

tvOS 18 is now available

Updates elevate cinematic experiences and make it even easier to manage the home. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K+ and HomeKit - No Response

Picked Apple TV App because Home app is not listed anywhere.

I setup and successfully used HomeKit on my Apple TV 4k+ from autumn 2019 until late spring/early summer 2020. At that point, there was an update to the Apple TV 4k+ and ever since then, HomeKit has been hit or miss. When I am AWAY from the home (you know, when I need it most), it's a disaster.

• Devices rarely turn ON or OFF on the configured schedule. Some times the front porch lights are still on in the morning, other times they turn off as scheduled
  • When I am away, devices show as "No Response"
  • Sometimes at home, devices show as "No Response" at random hours of the day

Setup

• Apple TV 4k+ is wired on the same network as the devices

Steps Taken

• I've tried signing out, power cycling the Apple TV 4k, and signing back in
  • Configured a couple devices with the Lutron app/bridge and that works with no problem, so it's not the devices (light switches and a door lock)

It almost feels like my PHONE has become the HomeKit hub instead of my Apple TV 4k -- the thing that is always home and on the network.

Apple doesn't appear to provide any direct support or documentation for HomeKit. It seems to be more of a black box. It worked brilliantly until the Apple TV 4k update. Now it's frustrating.

The common responses here are to refer to the device manufacturers, but this is clearly a problem with the Home application and that falls squarely on Apple to support and document.

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 11:36 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 5, 2021 3:46 PM in response to bmatusz

Hi there bmatusz,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with using your Apple TV 4K and HomeKit, and we'd like to share some steps that may help.

To begin, make sure your Apple TV is fully up to date: How to update your Apple TV

Also, head to Settings > iCloud and check that both Home and iCloud Keychain are enabled.

Finally, restart your iPhone, Apple TV, and your Wi-Fi network equipment.

We hope this helps.

Apple TV 4K+ and HomeKit - No Response

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.