Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Cut Out when Exported from iMovie

Hey - in the last month I've had 2 cases where I've exported a movie from iMovie and the audio has cut out at a certain point.

The audio plays in iMovie but not the exported file.

Obviously this is problematic.

The original is AAC/H264

Any advice?

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 9:59 AM

Try doing an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of the media in your project, and then Edit/Paste it into a newly created project. Then try to share out from the new project.

If no luck, in the duplicate project try sharing out only the audio track (an option from the export settings box under "Format") and see if the audio shares out without incident.

If still no luck, try creating a new iMovie library and transfer your duplicate project into it and see if you can share out from there without sound interruption.

-- Rich

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 9:59 AM in response to Alexiswastaken

Try doing an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of the media in your project, and then Edit/Paste it into a newly created project. Then try to share out from the new project.

If no luck, in the duplicate project try sharing out only the audio track (an option from the export settings box under "Format") and see if the audio shares out without incident.

If still no luck, try creating a new iMovie library and transfer your duplicate project into it and see if you can share out from there without sound interruption.

-- Rich

Jan 6, 2021 8:32 PM in response to Alexiswastaken

Ok - I've solved the problem.

I downloaded Handbrake and converted the original movie to whatever default Handbrake had (didn't worry about it). Didn't take long.

Then I created a new project. exported the audio.

OK. Edited the project a little bit.

Exported the audio. OK.

Edited more, worried that something will go wrong.

Exported the audio. OK

Then finished editing and exported the audio. OK

Exported the movie. OK!

I assume the problem is somewhere in the original file - which was created by Microsoft Teams.

I'll just convert anything from Teams before doing anything else now. Which will save some heartache

Thanks to those who offered suggestions

Audio Cut Out when Exported from iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.