You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handoff is not working between MacBook Air Big Sur 11.1 and iPhone 6 IOS 12.5; Continuity may also not work

When I make a phone call from my iPhone 6 and transfer it to the MacBook Air, it immediately disconnects the call. I've tried signing in and out of the following on both devices: iCloud, FaceTime, wifi and bluetooth. Handoff is enabled on both devices. I've also turned off both devices after each step and turned them back on again. It may have started after the update to IOS 12.5 update but can't be certain. I don't think the issue is with the MacBook Air because I can start a call from the MacBook and go back and forth several times from each device after initiating the call from the MacBook and the call never disconnects.

Also when I plug my iPhone into my MacBook Air, the iPhone does not show up to the left of the Finder icon so I'm not sure if continuity is working either.

Has anyone run into this and/or have a fix for it? Thank you!

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 6:44 PM

There are no replies.

Handoff is not working between MacBook Air Big Sur 11.1 and iPhone 6 IOS 12.5; Continuity may also not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.