Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore

So I wiped my iPad and I started a new apple account. Once I signed into my new account on my iPad I noticed it still had all the games and apps from my last apple account, I didn’t think much of it but I couldn’t play any of the games because they needed updated and I went to update them and it kept saying my apple password was incorrect, then I noticed that it wanted the password to my old account and I deleted that account and the password I had for that one doesn’t work and now I can’t download any apps or update any of the ones I have. I went though many of the settings options trying to find out if maybe I could sign out of my old one yet it says it’s all on the new account, I’m not sure what to do next.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 8:31 PM

Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

1 reply

AppStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.