Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5G NOT WORKING in iPhone 12

Hi! 5G is not working in my NEW iPhone 12 PRO MAX in Dual Sim Mode!

Anyone know why?

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 9:35 PM

Use 5G with your iPhone - Apple Support

Learn more

• While using two lines in Dual SIM mode, 5G data isn't supported on either line and will fall back to 4G LTE. In China mainland, 5G data is supported while using two active lines in Dual SIM mode on the line that's using cellular data. In China mainland, while using Dual SIM with 5G, 5G Standalone isn't available.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 9:35 PM in response to commandersquad

Use 5G with your iPhone - Apple Support

Learn more

• While using two lines in Dual SIM mode, 5G data isn't supported on either line and will fall back to 4G LTE. In China mainland, 5G data is supported while using two active lines in Dual SIM mode on the line that's using cellular data. In China mainland, while using Dual SIM with 5G, 5G Standalone isn't available.

Jan 3, 2021 10:01 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

So let me see if in understand you correctly. If I am using dual sims, the only way for to use the iPhone 12 and obtain 5G is to move to Mainland China!

Otherwise 5G doesn’t work anywhere else in the world using dual sims?

So there’s no difference in the IPhone 11 and the iPhone 12 since the main point is using 5G. It’s just another way of Obtaining money to apples income.

so why not buy a Samsung, Oppo, Huwai or other phone since they all support 5G in dual sim mode?

afterall I didn’t but the Phone for the camera, I bought it for the phone!

Am i incorrect about any of my statements? Please advise

5G NOT WORKING in iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.