Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 Display

Researching on the basis of buying one later this year. Having great problems identifying a suitable monitor and the best connection to use. Seems to be HDMI 2 on the mini but monitors I have found seem to be 1.4 Is this an issue.

Whilst the Mini seems to have a range of outputs use, it doesn't seem quite so straight forward to select a good monitor that would take advantage of the newer connections

What would be good choice I do a fair bit of photography and so idealy need a colour accurate one.

Rob

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 4:37 AM

10 replies

Jan 5, 2021 9:13 AM in response to den.thed

I am currently using an antique iMac 21' running Lightroom.I think you might be correct. Impatience has crept

in because my first thought was the new iMac. The mac Mini arrived first and it looked very inviting, probably more so to those

who already have some of the essential accessories. But I do not, so searching for a decent monitor has proven harder than I expected.

Also it became obvious that software needs time to catch up.

So I think I will need to struggle on until Spring and then buy assuming the new iMac is about by then.

Regards to the help offered.

Rob

Jan 28, 2021 6:32 AM in response to Goldfinch26

Hi,

I'm in the same predicament. Working on a late 2012 iMac and it's gotten painfully slow now, so I am also looking into an upgrade. Hanging on until the M1 iMac comes out would be the sensible thing to do. Question is, when exactly will that be and how much will they be.... ???

So I also looked at the M1 Mac mini. First thought was to use my iMac as a monitor but apparently that is not possible. Then I searched for "best monitors for the M1 Mac mini" and these cost a fortune. So M1 Mac mini plus proper monitor is probably close to the price the M1 iMac will be if and when it comes out.

So as painful as it is, I will probably also hang on and see what happens in the iMac department. If the old iMac had worked as a monitor, it would have been a no-brainer.

Bye

Dirk

Jan 28, 2021 6:51 AM in response to drwdxb

Well changed mind again. Thinking of Mac Mini 8gb and 500gb hard drive. Plus BenQ SW240 Monitor.

I would also need new keyboard and mouse.

My thinking now is that the iMac doesn't look likely until the summer, plus it is still an all in one. So if any part breaks it all goes.

Been lucky with 2010 iMac might not be same next time round.

Anyway all this delay means funds going up in Mac account.

Rob

Mac Mini M1 Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.