Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C to Displayport doesn't work

Hi everyone,

I tried to connect my Mac Mini 2020 via USB-C to Displayport - and it doesn't work... HDMI-HDMI works fine but I need the HDMI port for another device and the resolution is too low (3.840x1.080).

Any ideas what may help?

Display: Samsung C49.

Thanks in advance!

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2021 6:10 AM in response to thomdijun

Many people here, and on other forums, reporting problems with USC-C to DisplayPort. Mostly issues with monitor waking from sleep mode.

Not following your comment on resolution being “too low” at 3840x1080, as horizon and vertical numbers you quote don’t jive. Via the HDMI port, you can get full 4k (3840x2160) at 60hz.

Jan 4, 2021 6:31 AM in response to VikingOSX

I switched from v1.4 to v1.2. The display turned on and everything is fine. Now I switched back to v1.4 and it is still working... Thanks for your help! :-)

The resolution is still 3840x1080 and I have no other options within the Mac Mini settings to set it higher. With my other device - also connected via Displayport - I'm able to show 5120x1440. Do you have any idea if this is also possible with Mac Mini?

Jan 4, 2021 10:02 AM in response to thomdijun

Ah, OK. Since I have no experience with wide-format monitors, what I am about to say is purely an educated guess.

Since the HDMI output specs on the Mac mini are stated to be "up to" 4k at 60hz, then I wonder if it will not support a horizontal resolution greater than the 4k 3840. Thus, you are seeing that limitation in your options. There are a number of folks on this forum using wide-screen monitors, so hopefully one of them will weight in.

USB-C to Displayport doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.