Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extremely Blurry External Display M1 Macbook Pro

I have just bought a M1 Macbook pro and I am trying to connect to an Acer CB342CK 34 inch Monitor.

The text is extremly blurry and essentially unusable. It is connected through HDMI to a USB-C adapter.

I had it connected to my old Dell XPS-13 and it was totally fine, but something seems to be amiss with the Macbook.

Google searches haven't turn up much. Would switching to a Displayport to USB-C cable work better?

For what it's worth I have tried the same setup on a smaller 27 inch monitor with the same results.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 7:32 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 6, 2021 11:59 AM in response to Loganbrownstfx

Hi there Loganbrownstfx,

We understand that you are having video quality issues when using an external display with your MacBook Pro. We’d like to help however we can.

To start, what is the manufacturer of the adapter that you are using?

Let’s also follow this great article:

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac

Take care!

Jan 11, 2021 2:16 PM in response to Loganbrownstfx

I have a Samsung U32J59x Display. It is also displaying very blurry and fuzzy. I have taken a screenshot of the system settings.

Essentially it is unusable as a display. The only computer giving me issues is the M1 MacBook Pro.

I am using an Apple Multiport Digital AV Adapter to connect the external Monitor. The power cable is connected directly to this adapter as well. No other USB device is connected to it.

Monitor settings as stock should be 3840x2160 60hz

Below is the device and profile.

Edit: I also have another 4K Samsung 28' Monitor and its just as blurry and fuzzy when connected to the M1 MacBook Pro.

Extremely Blurry External Display M1 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.