Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Mini & Dell P2419HC Monitor

Hi Guys.. I recently bought a M1 Mini and connected it to Dell P2419HC (1920 x 1080) via a HDMI cable. But the display was really blurred. Text were applying not at all sharp and after some usage, I started developing headache (may be due to the bad display) However this monitor was working perfectly fine with my PC setup. So what am I missing here? I could see many people telling about this blurry text issues with external displays in a M1 mini.

And also, I tried connecting the Mini (TB port) to the monitor (USB C) via dell supplied USB C cable. But I don't think that made much difference in the display. On the top of that, if I'm using USB C, the monitor won't turn on automatically if I reboot my mini. I need to either reseat the cable on mini side or switch off and ON the monitor to make it working.

Any idea how to fix this. Or any help to get a better picture quality.

Posted on May 2, 2021 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2021 7:26 AM

A few other things that you can try and check, are

1. go to Apple > System Preferences > Displays > select the Color tab > try choosing a different Color Profile.
  2. go to Apple > System Preferences > Displays > select the Display tab > click on the Scaled button > try a different Resolution.
  3. go to Apple > System Preferences > Accessibility > select Display in the sidebar and make sure that the Display contrast: is set to Normal.
13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2021 7:26 AM in response to Gopiherez

A few other things that you can try and check, are

1. go to Apple > System Preferences > Displays > select the Color tab > try choosing a different Color Profile.
  2. go to Apple > System Preferences > Displays > select the Display tab > click on the Scaled button > try a different Resolution.
  3. go to Apple > System Preferences > Accessibility > select Display in the sidebar and make sure that the Display contrast: is set to Normal.

May 4, 2021 3:34 AM in response to hcsitas

Managed to get a Belkin 4k HDMI cable and connected it from mac mini m1 (HDMI) to Monitor's HDMI, but no change :-( Still the texts are looking bad.

==

Belkin UltraHD 4K HDMI Cable (2 m) - Apple

==

I guess i may need to go for a 4K monitor then. Any suggestions, which one will work good with Mac mini M1. I checked for LG 4K monitor mentioned in apple website, but its out of stock here. Any other monitor suggestions.

May 3, 2021 1:21 PM in response to Gopiherez

Text rendering under MacOS is optimized for Retina-class displays - has been for a while. When using a PC-standard 1080P display, many users find text to be a bit blurry, a bit fuzzy and lacking in contrast. Under Windows 10, using the same monitor (same cable too), text will render sharper and easier to read.

Basically, you have three options:

1. Live with it
  2. Replace the 1080P display with a 4K display
  3. Replace the Macmini with a Windows PC

M1 Mini & Dell P2419HC Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.