Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Mini display Issues

Has anyone seen anything like this? Old Samsung Syncmaster with dvi to usb-c cable attached to my M1 Mac mini. Monterey 12.2.1.

When used as an extended monitor, it splits the image. Tried changing resolution. No different.

Cable issue?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 4:06 PM

I finally gave up and did what I should have done in the first place... I bought a dvi to hdmi adapter and it works perfectly. Now, though, I have to buy a HDMI to usb-c adapter for my other monitor, which, hopefully, will work better with that connection because it is much newer..

Thanks for the tips.

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 2, 2022 5:44 PM in response to MiniUserDon

A bit of an update on the monitor saga. Once I hooked the old dvi monitor to the M1 Mini using a DVI to HDMI cord, it worked but, quite often the monitor would come to life from sleep with a screen full of snow (white noise). Turn off monitor - turn on... a hassle but it works.

So I hooked up my newer (not new) HDMI to the M1 and, so far, I haven't had any issues [but will update if I do].

So, I'm assuming, but it seems that older DVI monitors will have a few issues with the HDMI and USB-C connections on the M1 Mini.

M1 Mini display Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.