Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add a new contact in Apple Contacts.

I believe there is a bug with Apple Contacts in Big Sur 11.1.

On my iMac, when I click the little plus symbol to add a new contact, I am able to type the person's first and last name, but then the moment I click on anything else, anywhere, including the email or phone field, or even outside the Contacts window, the new entry is aborted/deleted without any error indication. I am able to add new contacts into my iPhone no problem, and I can even use the function on iMac where I can click on an address and add it as a new contact. That all works. But typing a new contact into Contacts is not working. Any ideas on how to get this working, aside from uninstalling and reinstalling the OS?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 8:02 AM

Contacts works just fine. I suggest that you do that you first try some basic troubleshooting. Please do a Safe Mode restart per the directions in Safe Mode Reset instructions and then restart normally and finally test.

1 reply

Can't add a new contact in Apple Contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.